Safety is the most important basic rule at construction sites. The safety of workers is the first and foremost importance at every construction zone. Accidents are so common that it usually calls for celebration when a site stays accident free for a certain period of time. Staying careful and conscious at the work place can prevent unnecessary things from happening. Even though all sorts of precautionary measures are taken, accidents still take place at construction areas.
In fact, construction sites are more prone to accidents. There are certain stages in construction areas where men at the workplace can fall from a substantial height; heavy things may fall on them. These are only a few examples but there are still a number of things that can happen and lead to accidents at a construction place even when all sorts of precautions are taken. Even though a career in construction is a great job to have, it is hazardous as well.
Most of the construction company owners are responsible for assuring the safety of the workers at the construction site. As such, the labor law of New York specifies that the keen responsibility of the general contractors is to provide a safer working environment for employees. Any worker who gets injured has every right to claim for compensation. If the owner of the company and the employee who has been severely injured do not come to a proper settlement, the victim employee can bring the case to the court jurisdiction.
Though there is provision for employee compensation, the amount that the employee receives may not be sufficient to maintain his family’s cost of living and his medical expenses. In such cases, the victim patient can go in plea of the court for their help.
Here mentioned are some areas in which construction accidents can easily occur despite the precautionary measures taken:
- Slip and fall from height i.e. when a worker loses his balance while walking on the edge of an unfinished building structure
- Getting injured by tools at the construction site
- Accidents in the case of defective equipment such as cranes, bulldozers and other heavy machinery
- Contact with hazardous chemicals
- Faulty wiring
The laws regarding construction companies states that the owner of the company is responsible in the following cases:
- When accidents take place at the time of repair of the company
- Accident caused due to usage of construction tools such as ladders, blocks, pulleys and other devices
- Accidents caused by improper installation of the equipment and also through use of the equipment that affects the safety of the workers (Victim employees can also claim when they are not supplied with proper protective tools that ensure the safety of the employee)
- Amount can be in accidents that are related to falling from high place or when heavy object falls on employee when working.
Another important factor that requires significant attention is that, not only can the construction workers get injured at the construction site, the bystanders can even get hurt. In such cases, an injured bystander can claim for compensation.
Call Us Today 866-WE-FUND-U / 866.933.8638
About the author
Michael Smith is the Customer Experience Director at 911 Lawsuit Loans LLC and is responsible for client relations throughout the funding.
Author: Mike Smith